As per the survey by Frost and Sullivan: GPS monitoring system can enhance your fleet’s productiveness by 10-15% and automobile utilisation by 15-20%, respectively. They’ll additionally minimize the gasoline utilization by 20-25%, the idle time by 20-30%, the miles pushed by 5-10%, and additional time discount by 10-15%.
It’s estimated that these GPS Automobiles Monitoring System save every driver half-hour of labour time per day. As well as, GPS monitoring programs for fleet have additional advantages holding apart saving cash and maximising automobile effectivity.
Earlier than we will totally perceive what GPS-based business fleet monitoring resolution, we have to know what automobile telematics is.
GPS Monitoring System: Car Telematics Innovation
The time period “telematics“ refers to a “crash-resistant black field” that collects and processes information transmitted wirelessly and is thus extra superior than broadcast radio. Commonplace fleet telematics have modified over time to incorporate a mobile information modem, GPS, a backup battery, and sensor connections. Consequently, digital telematics have developed because of this.
Prime 5 Digital Logistics Traits Reworking Transportation Business in 2022
Car Telematics makes your fleet safer, retains you from getting misplaced, permits you to name roadside help with the push of a button, routes you round site visitors and congestion, routinely calls emergency help if automobile met with an accident.
GPS monitoring is a vital a part of Car telematics, and is the know-how behind at present’s sensible fleet administration programs.
Powering fleets of All Sizes
GPS automobile monitoring programs are simple to combine with greater or smaller automobiles, to allow them to work for fleets of any measurement or sort. Whether or not you run a service enterprise with 10 automobiles or much less, a state-wide public company with 1000’s of automobiles, vans, and belongings within the subject, or one thing in between, you may management prices and run your complete fleet extra effectively whereas holding prices down.
SMART Fleet Administration System
Fleet administration programs that use international positioning satellite tv for pc (GPS) know-how to watch every automobile’s telematic information can do numerous helpful issues, together with:
- ensuring drivers aren’t doing something harmful like dashing or harsh braking;
- decreasing emissions and assembly different environmental objectives;
- route drivers extra effectively to enhance customer support and on-time deliveries,
- enhance income by taking up extra enterprise with out including drivers or automobiles, and
- achieve a aggressive benefit by bettering general fleet efficiency.
Engine diagnostic instruments (OBD), GPS, IoT units and sensors, and 4th era information networks are all examples of the telematics that make up at present’s sensible fleet administration programs.
Utility of GPS Monitoring System
- Actual Time Car Monitoring: Utilizing a suitable adapter put in beneath the driving force’s seat, a GPS system within the automobile constantly displays location information, such because the automobile’s exact coordinates, velocity, and different efficiency metrics, and uploads this data to the cloud through an web connection. Utilizing a smartphone or on-line app, anybody with entry to the cloud will be capable to monitor the situation and velocity of the automobiles in actual time. Push notifications for automobile and efficiency alerts helps in detection of driver’s who exceeds the velocity restrict or every other incidents resulting in accidents.
- GPS & IoT primarily based Asset Trackers: Asset tracking is as crucial as vehicle tracking for logistics companies. With GPS and Internet of Things (IoT) devices and sensors installed in and around fixed and mobile assets like trailers, generators, and other large pieces of equipment, logistics companies can track the location of their assets in the field or on the road in real time.
- Performance Tracking: Along with the usual GPS data, on-board diagnostics also keeps track of and reports on things like fuel efficiency, pollution, and other engine and vehicle performance indicators in real time. A fleet operator can save money on fuel by rerouting trucks from route B to route A if he or she discovers that the vehicles are using more fuel on route B. In addition, it can distinguish between a good driver and a bad one using Driver Scorecard integrated in SMART Fleet Telematics powered by Axestrack.
- Data Analytics: In addition to the data that is sent in real time to the GPS fleet/ performance or asset tracking system, heaps of data is stored both on the vehicles and in the cloud. Even though a layman will not understand the data and will get rid of it to make room for more, tabulated data can give interesting information about a fleet’s operation. The data can be tabulated by modern analytics software, which then shown in graphical presentation depicting the growth or fall of your logistics operations. For instance, how much fuel your fleet used last month compared to this month.
- Real-Time Alerts Forcing Immediate Action: In order to enhance the momentous view of the status of fleet vehicles and their drivers, GPS Tracking System provide real-time notifications that allow fleet managers to bring pending management decisions to the table immediately. For instance, if a vehicle in a fleet is speeding significantly above the allowed limits, the GPS tracking system will send an alert to the fleet manager’s mobile app so he or she may take immediate action like immobilizing the engine. Similarly, these notifications can be customised in other ways.
- 3rd Party Integrations: It help GPS fleet management systems analyse data better than its manual counterparts. These extended competencies give a more detailed and sophisticated view at what each vehicle is doing and where it is. By showing the right information at the right time, GPS tracking systems give fleet owners a lot of control over their fleet’s routine. This lets them make smart moves to cut costs, improve operational efficiency, and boost productivity.
Fleet Management Transformed
Half of a typical fleet’s operating costs are attributable to fuel and salaries, while the other half includes expenses like repairs, maintenance, emissions checks, insurance, and more. This is according to research conducted by Frost & Sullivan.
The price tends to go up a lot. By reducing fuel consumption by 15 percent and maintenance time by 10 to 15 percent, a telematics system that includes a GPS, IoT, and OBD unit may take vehicle utilisation and productivity to the next level. The result is that fleet management firms can increase profits while maintaining the same size of fleet. Their drivers are more likely to be cheerful and alert. Lower insurance premiums and lower costs for predictive maintenance chores have resulted in cost savings for the fleet company.
Many companies in the logistics and supply chain industries are already taking advantage of this cost-effective solution thanks to Axestrack’s GPS vehicle tracking system. Greenhouse gas emissions are reduced, driver safety is enhanced, improves customer service, and more thanks to the smart fleet management solution. Eventually, the system will cause a shift in how fleets are managed, with the end goal of reducing expenses and increasing efficiency.